| 1 comments ]

The time had come for us to move out of our centrally located luxury hotel and move into a student residence, known as a Goshitel in Korean.

I knew we were in trouble when someone in the know told us "You're moving out of the hotel, and into its closet."

But how bad could it really be? The deal included all the rice and ramen that we could eat, and the way I saw it, it was time to bring North American style partying, from the likes of Animal House, to these overworked Korean students. I could explain 'jocks' and 'nerds' to them. Of course, it wouldn't be quite the same, because they're all huge nerds, but I suppose the ones best at John Madden Football 2007 would have to be the jocks and they could knock the steamed rice and kimchi off of our trays as they walked past us in the kitchen. Once I worked out all the details, this would be one huge party, and I'd finally get the 'rez' experience that I never had myself going to university.

So did it pan out as I had envisioned?

No, there wasn't enough room for the keg.


WORDS AND VIDEO BY TOMASZ ROSZKOWSKI
PHOTOGRAPH BY MORGAN TEPSIC

1 comments

alex t said... @ 1 June 2009 at 02:33

I'm totally into the idea of multi-tasking pooping, showering and brushing your teeth in a small compact area. they don't fuck around in korea one bit.

Post a Comment